Green Living at Tonsmeire Properties
Leading a more sustainable life is something a lot of us strive for, but don’t really know how to do. Things like going zero-waste or ditching our cars for only public transit might not fit your lifestyle, or the idea of greener living might just feel too overwhelming. It’s important to remember that if everyone does their part, no matter how small, we can make a big impact in the long run.
How Tonsmeire Properties Promotes Green Living
We know we aren’t perfect, but we’ve implemented some practices to help our rental communities be a little greener. One of the ways we do that is through green pest control and green landscaping at all properties. We focus on filling our communities with plants that are native to the area.
We also use low volatile organic compound (VOC) paint. The chemicals in paint let off gasses that are very harmful to people and the environment, so by using low VOC paint in our community, we can ensure there are less unstable chemicals released into the air. We also try to utilize as many greenhouse supplies as possible.
How Can You Do Your Part?
You can do your part to live a more sustainable life too. Here are a few things to incorporate in your daily life that will be better for the environment.
- Recycle – a great way to help reduce the amount of waste in landfills is by recycling. Recycle whatever you can, whenever you can. Glass, cardboard, paper and even many plastics can be recycled.
- Donate – another amazing way to reduce waste is by donating. Instead of throwing out old clothes, books, toys and home items, take them to your local donation center so they can be reused.
- Reduce Plastic Use – reduce your plastic use by cutting back on items with plastic packaging and using reusable items when you can.
- Buy in Bulk – one of the main sources of plastic is packing from food. Try buying in bulk and using reusable containers to reduce waste.
- Go Reusable – swap out single-use items like grocery bags, straws, zip lock bags and plastic cutlery for reusable items you can wash and use again and again.
- Pick Up – if you do have non-recyclable waste, make sure you dispose of it properly and if you see trash laying about, pick it up and dispose of it.
- Volunteer – find a local organization where you can volunteer doing things like planting trees or cleaning up litter.
No matter what you’re looking for, Tonsmeire Properties has it. With rental apartments in Daphne, Fairhope, Foley and Madison, we’ve got a place you can call home. Give us a call today or visit us online to start touring our beautiful properties and find the right fit for you.